Drink Less Alcohol Program
The Drink Less Alcohol Program
The drink less alcohol programme is not for alcoholics. There is a big need in the market for people who recognise that their drinking sometimes interferes with their lives in negative ways such as: procrastination, stress, anxiety, low self esteem and depression.
We are a culture of drinkers, which I kindly support, however sometimes we use alcohol as an emotional crutch that leads us down the slippery slope of another drink to forget, to forgive, etc.
We believe that alcohol is the symptom not the cause of over drinking and that the desire to drink more than we would like to is an emotional habit.
An emotional habit that can be unlearnt! We believe that it is unrealistic to attempt to stop a client drinking completely, so the aim of the programme is to reduce the alcohol intake to a more moderate and acceptable level.
The drink less alcohol programme is a three session programme designed to:
- Help you be very aware of the circumstances where you are drinking.
- Help you to become consciously aware of your drinking habits.
- Help you take responsibility for their drinking, and easily follow a plan for reduction.
It is a three session programme. One session per week, for three weeks. You will also be given a support hypnosis CD/Recording to listen to in between sessions.
For further information, simply contact us on (07) 4725 3080.
“I’ve had a really good experience with the Reduce Alcohol program at the Optimal Wellness Clinic. I started before Christmas and I’m happy to say that I didn’t splurge out over Christmas time and I kept to my moderation.
I finished the program in the new year and I feel like I am now in a really good place with my alcohol intake. I feel in control and, whilst I still enjoy a drink occasionally, I stick to my limit.
This has freed up space in my life for other good things like exercise, yoga and healthy eating. I’m loving my Sunday mornings spent without a hangover. I feel good, I feel in control and my confidence has improved because I no longer have that Sunday guilt of thinking “oh no, I’ve done it again”. It is empowering.”Tina (Townsville)
Australian Alcohol Statistics
- Alcohol is the most widely used drug in Australia.
- Alcohol costs society $15.3b annually.
- Alcohol caused more than twice as many deaths (3,494) than road accidents (1,600) in 2005.
- 1 in 10 workers say they have experienced the negative effects of a co-worker’s use of alcohol.
The Long-Term Health Risks
Over time, excessive alcohol use can lead to the development of
chronic diseases and other serious problems including:
- High blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, liver disease, and digestive problems.
- Cancer of the breast, mouth, throat, esophagus, liver, and colon.
- Learning and memory problems, including dementia.
- Mental health problems, including depression and anxiety.
- Social problems, including lost productivity, family problems, and unemployment.
- Alcohol dependence, or alcoholism.
When Alcohol becomes a problem
Many people reach for an alcoholic drink out habit or as a way to relax at the end of a long day – BUT if any of the following are answered with a ‘yes’ it may be that alcohol is becoming a problem.
- Drinking getting out of control?
- Drinking too much alcohol?
- Spending too much on alcohol?
- Boredom drinking?
- Stressed and drinking?
- Weight gain from over drinking?
Alcohol isaffecting your relationships?
- Binge drinking?
- Drinking alcohol on your own?
- Thinking that only a few drinks per week is unrealistic?
- Have an overwhelming need for alcohol?
- Waking in the middle of the night due to alcohol?
- Using alcohol to get to sleep?
- Determined on a Monday to drink less this week?
- Feeling hung-over and groggy is spoiling your weekend?
- Can’t remember much of the night before?
- Ashamed of your
- Offended people whilst you were drunk?
- Aggressive or angry when you drink?
Your children areunhappy with your alcohol drinking?
- Worried about your long term health?
For further information, contact us on (07) 4725 3080.